At a Glance
10th Anniversary GalaJoin us on Saturday, May 5th on the majestic yacht Aqua Azul!
Summer CampSummer Camp - French Fun Activities, Register now!
Open House Dates
With 2 locations in New Milford and Jersey City, New Jersey, The French American Academy serves students from Pre-K2 through Middle School.
The Statue of Liberty is 2 miles away from our Jersey City campus and 10 miles from our New Milford campus.
The French American Academy is proud of our proximity to the Statue of Liberty since it was a gift from France to America, a symbol of wisdom, freedom – beacon of hope for a bright future. The Statue of Liberty reflects the special relationship between the two countries, and beyond this, the universalism of our mission.
1092 Carnation Drive, New Milford, NJ 07646
Our campus in New Milford is vast and spacious. The one-floor building is equipped with a gymnasium, library, cafeteria, kitchen and, a lab room. The spacious, light-filled atmosphere creates a spirit of positivity felt throughout the campus. Outside, students enjoy a playground, lawns and trees – green, sprawling acreage nestled within a residential community.
Grades and Programs : Pre-K2 through 5th grade
209 Third street, Jersey City, NJ 07302
Ideally located in the historic district of Jersey City, our campus is just a few blocks from the PATH Station, Grove Street. This 3-story building offers 23 classrooms with bright light, warm colors and ample space. Students can enjoy a huge gymnasium for physical education or indoor recess.
Grades and Programs : Pre-K 2 1/2 through Middle School
- 261 on 2 campuses + around 50 students in after school program
- 48 teachers
- 5:1 in Pre-K (the legal requirement is 6:1)
- 8:1 in Pre-K for three year old (the legal requirement is 10:1)
- 10:1 in Pre-K for four year old (the legal requirement is 12:1)
- 12:1 in Kindergarten (the legal requirement is 15:1)
- 16:1 in First Grade (there is no more legal obligation but the public school ratio is usually 25:1)
- 18:1 in Second Grade and up (there is no more legal obligation but the public school ratio is usually 25:1)
More than 30 from around the globe.
Belgium, Benin, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Djibouti, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Haiti, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Kurdistan, Lithuania, Mexico, Morocco, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Russia, Senegal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, UK, USA, Vietnam