When we opened our doors in 2007, our goal was to create a warm, nurturing, progressive school. We wanted to create a child-centered environment that used the dual lenses of French and English to inspire and cultivate open-mindedness, empathy and a love of learning that would last a lifetime.
Now, as we look forward to another year, we’re excited to keep combining the best of both educational systems with more vigor and enthusiasm – and for more students, now around 300 children.
A few highlights
As we grow, we continue to offer more to our students. Here are a few highlights:
- We are fully accredited by the French Education Ministry up to 5th grade
- We are accredited by Middle States Association and licensed by the State of NJ
- We continue to provide differentiated instruction within small class size. Our average class size is 14.
- We have equipped all elementary classrooms with interactive boards. Apple computers and Ipad are part of the learning experience. we have a one-on-one laptop policy for 5th grade and up.
- We are proud of our math curriculum and instrumentarium which enhances manipulations.
- We are proud of our co-teaching in science and our Science Fair .
- We are proud of our Art program which is displayed during our Art Show in May.
- We are proud of our bilingual teams who are bringing unique bilingual plans in the classrooms.
Of course, we didn’t do this alone. As one parent said, the “utter uniqueness of the place,” our close-knit and passionate parents have helped create a community that reflects the welcoming spirit of our classrooms. It’s this partnership that has enabled us to do so much, so quickly.
Bilingualism is an invaluable opportunity for our children to fully develop, learn – and be raised – equally, in both languages. If you’re just learning about our school, I hope you’ll come by and take a tour.
I think you’ll like what you see. If you’re already part of our family, thank you. We’re looking forward to another great year together.
With warmth and gratitude,