Since March 17th, 2020, The French American Academy is teaching remotely to all students. During these unprecedented times, the faculty, parents, and administration work together, cooperatively and supportively to deliver academic excellence and to meet the social emotional needs of our precious children.
The French American Academy provides:
- Synchronous time with students every day through Zoom or Google Meet. Screen time may vary depending on the grade level.
- Daily asynchronous lessons, assignments, activities, and projects using many educational websites (IXL, Zearn, Khan Academy, Epic, Reading AtoZ, Starfall, Classenumerique, Rallye lecture, Ma Classe a la maison, etc.).
- Daily communication of instructions or activities through a main application (Google Classroom, Google site, Seesaw, Klassroom or other remote learning applications)
- Coordination of information between French & American teachers through Google Classroom, Google Sites or Padlets
- Support to families through equipment lending (MacBook Air or Ipad)
- Support to parenting questions through zoom information meetings with our psychologist
Here is some of our parents’ feedback:
“We have found the distance learning to be quite wonderful. Our son has been engaged and seems quite excited about the format and approach. We have been extremely impressed that FAA has been able to implement this approach very quickly. “
“We are reaching out to you to reiterate our support to the FAA in these challenging times. We are pleased and impressed with the rapid and effective plans deployed by the team and each teacher to sustain the connection with and education of our children. It is easy to feel isolated and lonely these days, so this daily connection with the classroom has been a breath of fresh air for everyone.”.