What is MAP?
Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) is a computerized adaptive assessment program in English that provides FAA educators with the information they need to improve teaching and learning and make student-focused, data-driven decisions. Students in grades one through eight are tested in September/October and May/June in math, reading, and language usage. Educators use the growth and achievement data from MAP to develop targeted instructional strategies and to plan school improvement.
• Is not an achievement test
• Generates test questions based on student responses
• Reports student results in RIT scores
• Gives immediate results
• Measures growth over time
• Provides information used to target individual instruction